I’ve been out of the blogging game for a while. The last time I blogged regularly was before Pinterest hit the scene, and coming back to this world has admittedly been a big adjustment… the game has changed significantly since. There are so many new tools available, so many “collection” websites that bloggers can use to curate their favorite things. And as it seems from Pinterest, one of the most popular ways to do that now is through Polyvore.com.
I’ve been playing around with it for the last few days, and to be honest it’s kind of overwhelming. It’s like that feeling I get when I stand in front of my closet in the morning trying desperately to decide what to wear as the clock ticks ever closer to me being late for work… only multiplied by the entire internet. However, I’m starting to see what a handy tool it might be in the future, so I’m persevering. In the process of browsing I’ve also learned a few things about myself and my own style:
- When let loose with no price limitations, my taste is apparently super expensive.
- I’m really into Peter Pan collars, polka dots, and stripes right now.
- American Eagle has really upped their game since I was in high school, and I actually like a lot of their stuff now – more than my HS self would ever care to admit.
- I like more things from Delia’s than any professional 26-year-old really should… although I recognize that they probably look 1000 times better online than they would in real life.
- Even online, a nice looking violet cardigan is nearly impossible to find.
- Mod Cloth has some really amazing dresses, and luckily, they all seem fairly possible to make myself by adjusting dress patterns I already have and picking the right fabric… as long as I figure out how to size my dress form.
- Try as I might, I just really can’t get into jewelry beyond earrings. Necklaces and bracelets just don’t do it for me. I can do pearls, but that’s about it.
- and finally, I’m definitely not cut out for fashion blogging… (not that I ever thought I was anyway, but it’s nice to have confirmation).
Any of you on Polyvore? If so, follow me, and I’ll follow you back! I’ll be playing with it a lot over the next few days!