Well, hot damned. It’s June.
I find myself saying that a lot these days. “Already!?” “It’s summer already!?” “It’s [insert month] already!?” And the busier I am from day to day, the more I seem to be saying it.
And May was a VERY busy month. It always is. From wrapping up and ending the semester, grading final papers and exams, getting final grades in, and working graduations not just at my own institution, but at a couple others in the region as a musician… Then add in all the holidays and anniversaries – Mother’s Day, a major family member’s “cancer free” milestone anniversary, my birthday, trying to shop for Jim’s birthday in a couple weeks, Memorial Day…
…and just woof.
So yea, May flew by.
But the question is, was I able to meet my goals for May?
The answer is actually, “Yes!” Well, mostly anyway. I was able to get all my Disney photos up on instagram as of last week. I was in general far more active on Twitter this month (go follow me both places!). I stuck to my spending fast on take-out until my birthday week (although Jim did buy me Thai once – so it really was just a SPENDING fast, and not a total ban on take-out). And I did some work on learning to use my camera a bit better – although it’s uhhhh slow going.
So the only goal I didn’t hit was the “Post every Tuesday and Thursday” one. But I feel like overall, May was a month of pretty significant progress!
Yessssss. Positive progress.
So what’s next? What’s the plan for June?
Well I want to continue all of these goals and take the next step with some of them.
1) I want to continue the take-out spending ban as best I can, and start taking meal planning a little more seriously. I made some major strides in terms of changing eating habits over the course of May, and I want to keep up that progress. Granted, some of those strides I have to attribute more to the weather than my own self-discipline – we’ve had an above average number of absolutely blisteringly hot days for May, and nobody wants to stuff their face when it’s humid and stifling out. But hey, progress is progress.
2) Continue to be more active on my instagram and Twitter accounts, and try to spend some time actively building a following. I’m going to try to keep posting regularly on instagram, and try to reach out a bit more on twitter – maybe drop into some twitter chats over the course of the month.
3) I want to increase my post count, and try to get some surplus posts written. I’m hoping that over the next few months I can settle into a steady blogging schedule, and also create enough content to have on standby that I won’t have to have any little lull once all four jobs kick back in in September.
4) I want to read a little every single day.
5) I also want to either complete a workout, or go for a walk every day. Some of this is self-care (the walks), and some of it is vanity – pure and simple. (I’ve got a trip to the beach coming up, and precious little time to fit back into my bathing suit in any way that’s not downright obscene. I’d like to avoid having to purchase a new one, if at all possible.) I’m not dictating what kind of workout, or any sort of schedule for the walks – I think I’ll take it as the spirit moves me, whether it be Pinterest workouts, or some sort of actual plan like a Couch to 5k. We’ll see how it goes.
What are your goals for June?